PUBG PC Update About To Launch, Adding New Loot Crates And Measures To Stop Cheating
PUBG is about to move its current PC test build to its live server. The move will cause about four hours of server maintenance before ushering in a bunch of new additions to the game at 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET / 2 AM GMT. Developer PUBG Corp. says it’s continuing to take steps to stabilize the game, and the latest update will also crack down on cheating and introduce two new loot crates.
Players on the live server will now be able to report any player you suspect of cheating from the replay feature, meaning you won’t need to be killed by a suspected cheaper before you can use the in-game reporting tool. Cheating has been a constant concern in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, with the developer making continuous efforts to stop players from tweaking the system in their favor.
PUBG is also adding two new loot crates to the game, which will contain Desperado and Biker cosmetic items. The update will address an assortment of bugs and make some gameplay tweaks, and it adds more objects to certain sections of the desert map Miramar in order to provide more coverage for players. One tweak that players may not be as excited about, however, is to the in-game energy drink. PUBG Corp. says it has “changed the design of the energy drink,” so it appears players will, sadly, no longer be able to get their hands on a can of Hot Bull.
Lastly, PUBG is also taking steps to improve game performance on PC. It has reduced the visible distance while you’re in the air. It’s also improving the performance of the server and client at the beginning of matches, and will be making small changes to the starting islands. You can see the patch notes below, and check out PUBG’s full post on Steam for drop rates for the new loot boxes.
- Added more objects around La Bendita on Miramar to increase the amount of cover
- Reduced the visible distance when parachuting down in order to test the optimization of server and client performance at the early phases of the game
- Changed the design of the energy drink
- Adjusted the squad team colors (players 1-4) to better reflect their callout names (yellow, orange, blue, green)
- Adjusted squad team colors to make them more consistent between different colorblind options
- Added a function where a player can select more detailed criteria for the “Cheating” category in the in-game report tool
- You can choose multiple items or you can just report without selecting any of them
- While player’s nameplate is on (H key), now you can check the current weapon of that player by pressing G key
- Added report button in replay
- Report button pops up when pressing RMB on the player list (TAB key)
- While observing / following mode, report button appears on the timeline (J key)
- Added a care package icon changing effect according to the status
- The icon will be different when the care package is falling and looted by other players
- Adjusted replay system so that now a player can watch the replay without extra delay in the following cases
- Solo mode
- When the player won the match
- When all teammates are eliminated
- Fixed the issue where when a player lands from the plane the position of character teleports intermittently
- Fixed the issue where character animation is frozen when rejoining after a crash
- Fixed the issue where the red zone disappears instantly after it formed
- Fixed the issue where some vehicles spawned on Miramar are stuck to an object and unable to move
- Fixed the issue where a player sometimes couldn’t pass through a door even though it was open
- Fixed the issue where mouse cursor would disappear on a replay map
- Fixed the issue where when replay and death cam were played, the crosshair was bouncing
- Fixed the issue where the falling speed meter text was showing abnormally in Portuguese
- Added two new crates (free / paid)