Destiny 2 Gameplay, News, And Videos From Today’s Reveal Stream
Bungie showcased Destiny 2 today during a livestream event, which provided us with our first-ever look at gameplay. Despite running only an hour, Bungie had a lot of news to share–we learned about the game’s open-world activities, changes to weapons, new Supers, and much more.
PC players also found out they’ll be playing the game through Blizzard’s Battle.net platform. Subsequently, it was revealed that the PC version may not released at the same time as the PS4 and Xbox One versions.
To catch up on everything we learned today, we’ve rounded up all of our Destiny 2 coverage and videos for you below.
All the Big News
- Destiny 2: Watch The Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- Destiny 2 Limits Competitive Multiplayer To 4v4
- Destiny 2 Open-World Detailed, Activities Can Be Started While On Planets
- Destiny 2 Will Have Official Clan Support And Guided Games
- Destiny 2 Revamps Weapon System, New Super Abilities Unveiled
- Destiny 2 PC Uses Blizzard’s Battle.net, Supports 4K And Uncapped Framerates
- Destiny 2 PC Release Date Isn’t Set Yet, But Does Have Lots Of Options
- Destiny 2 Dev Explains Guided Games And New Weapon System
- The Coolest Destiny 2 Merchandise From The Gameplay Reveal Event
All the Trailers and Gameplay Clips
Before today’s big livestream, Bungie had announced Destiny 2’s release date as September 8 alongside special editions of the game. Destiny 2 will have a season pass called the Expansion Pass, which includes “Expansion I and Expansion II, offering brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.”
Destiny 2 is headed to PC in addition to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and will offer PS4-exclusive content until at least Fall 2018. An open beta will be available to everyone sometime this summer, but if you pre-order the game you can play the beta early.